Friday, July 8, 2011

Good-Bye Facebook

So, I've been a member of Facebook since 2005, and I recently decided to delete my account. While I think Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with friends, I feel the disadvantages and dangers out way the good. This may not be the case for all Christians, however it is my personal choice that it isn't right for me. It's so easy to say something wrong or befriend the wrong person...
  However, I enjoy expressing my thoughts so that's why I've decided to open a blog. My goals with this blog are to express my beliefs and thoughts. However, I'm making it my goal to limit the amount of time I spend writing, because anything, bad or good can become bad when an excess time and energy are put towards it. I'll also endeavor not to over-share or become too personal. After all this is the Internet, so I don't want to reveal to much. Also, I tend to be wordy, so I'm going to try and make my blogs brief. I'll never want to look back and read looooooong stories and neither will anyone else. So.... my rules....
1. Don't spend too much time writing
2. Don't over share
3. Be brief... Proverbs 10:19 "In the abundance of words there does not fail to be transgression, but the one keeping his lips in check is acting discreetly."

~ Niki

No comments:

Post a Comment